New Website

Please Visit My New Site HometownSlop.com

Friday, May 25, 2012

To Hopper's, This is a Dear John letter



Dear Hopper's,

Although it pains me greatly to write this letter, we have clearly drifted apart. For about ten years, you and I had a fabulous relationship. I always searched for and found the best in you: Deli Pub Club, Turkey Avocado Croissant, Blackened Bleu Steak Wrap, Pizza Margarita, Smoked Chicken Pesto Pizza, to name a few.

The past two years have been difficult. Our time together has gotten sparse. There was a time when our visits were weekly and always wonderful. I visited you back in March and felt very empty once I left. What use to be one of your greatest strengths, Deli Pub Club with Garlic Aioli, is now lifeless and cold. I couldn't bear to write this letter then, so I came back for a visit this past week. Again, my soul left empty. Your Halibut Fish Tacos, which use to draw people to you, are truly tasteless. The best part of the dish was the Spanish rice. Even the Roasted Red Pepper Soup, which seemed exciting when described, was pretty bland. The complimentary bread seems to be the most appealing thing about you.


Roasted Red Pepper Blandness

Halibut Fish Tacos: pretty on the outside, shallow on the inside.

Maybe you have moved on also, new Chef, new owner, or more processed food. Whatever the case may be, it's not worth analyzing. We are clearly better off by moving in separate directions. Relationships are not worth keeping when it takes so much work to keep them going.



The bustling lunchtime crowd. People use to be drawn to you; now they hide.

Goodbye Hopper's, thanks for the memories.

Happy Eating.

Hoppers Seafood & Grill on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I was disappointed the last time I ate at Hoppers too. The food just didn't have he usual yummy depth of flavors that I had come to expect from them such that I didn't want the left overs. Blah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious way to break up with a restaurant!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...