New Website

Please Visit My New Site HometownSlop.com

Monday, October 8, 2012

Glady's Place: The Best Food in Bear Lake!




While in Bear Lake, our mouths watered as we drove past the burger joints in Garden City. Our second day there, it was time to indulge. We ate at Merlin's. I won't bother to review it fully because it was bad. The onion rings were good but the burgers, fries and even the shakes were awful. It was sad because you crave the greasy junk food when you are on vacation.

On a whim, while on a trip to Bear Lake last fall, I dropped into Gladys' Place in Fish Haven, Idaho. The guy who runs the place told me that they have the best sandwiches around. I asked where to order the sandwiches since the front of the store was filled with liquor and lottery tickets. It's obviously a place where many people from Utah head to place their hopes on the powerball lottery. He said that the sandwich counter was in the back. I made my way through the small hallway and found the counter. I ordered a sandwich and absolutely loved every bite.

Fast forward to last week. We were in Bear Lake again and I was craving a sandwich from Gladys' Place. The burger joints were no longer calling to me. We went on a Saturday afternoon and it was extremely busy. They were short a couple of employees and there must have been a powerball that night because the line was very long. Nevertheless the sandwiches were worth the wait.


Roast Beef & Horseradish

Rachel ordered the Turkey & Avocado. I ordered the Roast Beef & Horseradish with Swiss. The 40 minute wait was long but a large sweet roll tided us over. We sat on a nice picnic table outside. The weather was in the mid 70's and sunny. It truly was a perfect afternoon.


Turkey & Avocado

The Roast Beef & Horseradish was on a large, crispy, buttery croissant. The crunch when you bit into the sandwich was a delightful sound. The Roast Beef was stacked high and was very tasty. The Swiss cheese made a perfect marriage of all the ingredients including tomatoe, lettuce and onion. The Horseradish was smeared all over the sandwich and provided a spiciness which left you craving more.

The sandwiches are only $7.59. Maybe more than a combo meal but you will never go back to the burger joints. Drive the 6 miles north from Garden City. You won't regret it.


Gladys' Famous Sweet Roll

2695 Highway 89
Fish Haven, Idaho, 83287


Happy Eating.

1 comment:

  1. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. Online essen bestellen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...