Friday, August 24, 2012

Tickles; Didn't leave me laughing!



Often, I eat at a restaurant based on the feel of the place. For years now I have driven by Tickles. It's definitely a dive and is located not far from my home. As my friend and I were discussing where to eat for lunch, I thought, "it's time to try Tickles."

The place looks like with a huff and a puff, you could blow it down. It's obvious that nothing has been updated for probably 20 years. Maybe that is how the owner likes it; keeps the overhead down. There is still the menu board from many decades ago, the run down tables & chairs. One table even had a folded wad of newspaper under the leg to keep it stable.



As for the food, I ordered the Gyro combo. It's pretty much that or a cheeseburger. They said that they had spaghetti but I wouldn't dare. When the gyro & fries arrived, it was painfully small; maybe because I was really hungry.


Like a school lunch gone bad

In addition to the small portion size, the food was awful. The fries were freezer burned, and the Gyro had a large glob of vanilla yogurt sauce; far too much. Maybe it was to drown out the flavorless meat. The only thing that was good were the little bits of parsley in the yogurt sauce.

The price is cheap, $6.95 for the gyro combo but keep your money. This place seems to imitate Yanni's but don't go for imitation. Drive to Yanni's or Greek Souvlaki.

Tickles
3872 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, Utah, 84106


Happy Eating
Tickles on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Created by a prifessional shiatsu practitioner Amy Galper, the Buddha Nose line
    iss all about living a greener lifestyle. Many consumers
    purchase massive quantitiess of beauty skin care products every year iin an effort
    to find a few drops ftom thee ever-elusive fountain of youth.

    Experiment with some of the natural skin care and fragrance lines, which use elements and fragrances from the natural
    world.

    my web-site victoria secret beauty ruh (http://rufus859.wordpress.com/2013/11/24/you-can-search-for-the-number-of-calories-present-in-different-foods-on-internet-and-can-then-eat-accordingly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My partner annd I absolutely love your blpg and find a lot of your post's to be
    just what I'm lookimg for. Does one offer guest writers to write content in your case?
    I wouldn't mind composing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write
    concerning here. Again, awesome web log!

    Feel free to surf to my blog post: how to make a throwing
    knife target board ()

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...