New Website

Please Visit My New Site HometownSlop.com

Friday, July 6, 2012

Salmon with Tangy Avacado Sauce




This past Saturday we had a BBQ at our home. It was a get together of divine Foodies and we did not disappoint. Craig made about the best chicken caesar salad ever. His homemade anchovy dressing is something that should be etched in history. Penny did bleu cheese sliders-ground beef stuffed with basil and bleu cheese. They were so good that time seemed to stand still for a moment. She also brought a insalata caprese as her side.

My first thought when finding out that these were going to be some of the dishes was, "do I dare cook anything?" How do you keep pace with that? I put on a BBQ Friday night so I was consumed with that. It was Saturday afternoon before I had fully put my dish together. A couple of days prior, I had purchased a Sockeye Salmon Filet from Costco. The big question was what to do with it from there? Do I do an herby/summer salmon with grilled corn, cherry tomatoes, balsamic and basil? Since I knew herbs would flow freely that night, I was looking for a more tangy sauce that hits your mouth and makes it water.

Thank you Pinterest; or thank you Rachel for researching Pinterest. On there she found a "Salmon Sliders with Tangy Avacado Sauce" recipe from http://www.dineanddish.net/. We decided that since Penny was bringing sliders, we would grill the whole filet of salmon and drizzle the avacado sauce on top.

Tangy Avacado Sauce



1 ripe California avacado, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon milk
1 1/2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper

In a medium sized bowl, mash the avacado

Stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, milk and vinegar until smooth. Add Kosher salt and cracked black pepper and stir until incorporated.

Spoon Tangy Avacado Sauce over salmon. Top with slices of fresh avacado.




Sous Chef Jesse grilled the salmon to perfection and Sous Chefs Sam & Tai made the sauce; all under my strict supervision of course. Those guys are fabulous. Right after we put out all the food, my sprinkler guy showed up. With a dying lawn, I wasn't about to send him away. I spent about 30 minutes outside with him; most of it thinking about the food. Thankfully Jesse brought me out some food because when I came back in, much of it was gone.




In business books they say to surround yourself with those who make you better. This group certainly does that. I am always grateful for the wonderful Food knowledge that they so willingly share.

Happy Eating

1 comment:

  1. Sous Chef Jesse grilled the salmon to perfection and Sous Chefs Sam & Tai made the sauce; all under my strict supervision of course. Those guys are fabulous. Right after we put out all the food, my sprinkler guy showed up. With a dying lawn, I wasn't about to send him away. I spent about 30 minutes outside with him; most of it thinking about the food. Thankfully Jesse brought me out some food because when I came back in, much of it was gone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...