New Website

Please Visit My New Site HometownSlop.com

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

B & D Burgers: A University Grease Pit!



There are a few things that I remember from college. I remember that I graduated in August 2003. I remember that I got a full semester of credit for passing a language proficiency test in Tagalog. I remember that in my elective Life Insurance class, there was a quiz every day and we got 80% simply by showing up. As soon as I realized that, there was no more studying. I remember that getting 27% percent on a test in corporate finance was enough to get a B; thank you for grading on a curve. I remember skipping my Public Speaking class for two weeks and still getting an A. But most importantly, I remember the great food at B & D Burgers. All things considered, I had a great education.

Over Thanksgiving weekend, we were going bowling as a family at the University Union building. We were hungry, not just for any type of food, but for a large greasy burger. Those cravings are hard to contain. B & D Burgers was on the way and I was grateful to reunite after years apart.


Bleu Bacon Ranch Burger

While scanning the menu looking for the biggest, most unhealthy option, "Bleu Bacon Ranch Burger" stuck out to me. You can't go wrong there. That along with an order of fries, a drink, a pumpkin shake to share with the family and I was in heaven.

A good piece of bacon can make a bad burger good and a good burger fabulous. The latter was the case. It was a thick, crisp piece of bacon with lots of flavor. They must also get their buns from Stoneground Bakery. They are very similar to the Better Burger Truck-incredibly delicious. I love a good burger and this hit the spot perfectly.

Avacado Cheeseburger


The fries were average; nothing special but definitely worth eating. Rachel got an Avocado Cheeseburger and loved it. The pumpkin shake was wonderful; all of their shakes are.

I have seen a lot of negative reviews for B & D Burgers but we experienced none of that. Just the look of calls to you. It's like you are on a road trip and it's time for a greasy bite; just like Burger Bar.



B & D Burgers
222 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, Utah, 84102


Happy Eating

B & D Burgers on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...