New Website

Please Visit My New Site HometownSlop.com

Monday, March 26, 2012

J Dawgs




Back in August, we visited our good friends who had moved to Provo. For weeks they had been telling us about J Dawgs: a hot dog restaurant with a cult-like following in Utah County. It's location right next to the BYU campus coupled with the inexpensive menu, definitely help with the popularity.

I remember that the food was delicious but I don't remember exactly what I ordered. For that reason, I am not going to review the restaurant. What I am going to do is review the recipe for the secret sauce (supposed recipe) that someone leaked to Pinterest.

J Dawgs Secret Sauce:

3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. cider vinegar
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. onion powder

Combine all ingredients in saucepan & heat to boiling on medium heat. Pour over hot dog. Enjoy!

Last evening I was going to make some of my famous spaghetti sauce. Ruby had a fall and comforting her took some time. Not wanting to waste the italian sausages, Rachel recommended we make the J Dawgs secret sauce. It worked out beautifully.


Italian Sausage with Banana Peppers, Pickles, and J Dawgs Secret Sauce

Since Rachel ate at J Dawgs last week, she was the perfect taste tester. She said that it was missing a little "kick." I added a dribble more of soy sauce, a dash more of onion powder and 1 teaspoon on cayenne pepper. This got Rachel's approval.

Try it out and let me know your thoughts. It's quick and delicious.

Happy Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...