New Website

Please Visit My New Site HometownSlop.com

Monday, February 27, 2012

Double Tomato Bruschetta: A Tasty Hors d'oeuvre



Rachel has made this great appetizer at many get-togethers. Last week, as I was wolfing down my 3rd or 4th tomato bruschetta in a couple of minutes, she mentioned that I should review it. They are delicious and very simple to make. I believe that all of these ingredients were meant to go together. What really brings it all together is the balsamic vinegar. It's the perfect mild but powerful "wow" factor.

Double Tomato Bruschetta:

6 Roma Tomatoes, Chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Cup Fresh Basil
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 French or Sourdough Baquette

Mix all ingredients (minus baquette) in a glass bowl. Slice baquette and brush with olive oil (not the same olive oil as above), broil for 2-3 minutes until slightly browned. Top with mixture, serve, enjoy.

My only recommendation is to double the recipe. Don't worry, you will not have to wrap many up as they will all be devoured.

Happy Eating.

2 comments:

  1. I have personally tried this numminess--De-lish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was the best brussetta we have ever eaten!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...