New Website

Please Visit My New Site HometownSlop.com

Friday, April 5, 2013

Thai Siam: Imaginative and plainly Addictive!




Okay, so I borrowed the "imaginative and plainly addictive" directly from Thai Siam's advertisement. How can you turn that down? Any restaurant willing to state it like that should be known by all and have advertising on the side of blimps.

Last week I was going to be meeting a friend for lunch. He needed to stay close to where he works which is in Draper. I thought of Guadalahonky's and Las Glorias but having eaten there recently, I was looking for something else. Just then I remembered seeing Thai Siam in Draper. They have a location near downtown Salt Lake and it had been quite a while since I had been there. This would be the next step on my journey to eat at every Thai restaurant in the valley.



This location recently opened but it still looked closed when I drove up. Even at the front door, it looked dead. Thankfully the front door was unlocked. I was having that panic of "what do I do" if they are not open? My mind was set on Thai food.

Most Thai Restaurants have great lunch specials where you get two lunch entrees for a good price. How could I go and eat Thai food and not order Tom Yum Gai? It would be like driving to Disneyland, showing your kids the entrance, then turning around and going home.

In addition to the Tom Yum, I ordered the Gai Pad Gra Prow-Thai Basil Stir Fry. When the stir fry came out, I was a little nervous. It did not appear to be appetizing; it looked like ground beef with bell peppers in a broth. It actually was chicken with fresh hot peppers, bell peppers, mushrooms, baby corn, onions, garlic cloves and Thai basil. It wasn't spicy at all and actually tasted a little sweet. Overall a really good dish. The fresh Thai basil adds a component of freshness and earthiness. The chicken was really moist and flavorful.


Tom Yum Soup close-up
Now for what should be the best part of every meal, the Tom Yum Gai. The moment I take the first spoonful is when time stands still. It's likely one of the most anticipated moments in life. This one was a curve ball. I am use to the Tom Yum that burns and makes you cry. This one was sweet which was totally unexpected. It was really delicious. Sometimes the best moments in life are the unexpected ones.

While eating this lunch, I was so immersed in the experience that I totally tuned my friend out; a common problem. I'm not sure which business deal we shook hands on but this much I do remember, Thai Siam has some great food. I wrote in a review about Siam Orchid about how no two Thai restaurants are the same. Each is unique and leaves you happy. And since Thai Siam is "addictive" I will see how soon I can return.


Thai Basil Stir Fry. It might appear scary but unlike some in-laws cooking (which also appears scary), this tastes good.

12147 South Factory Outlet Drive
Draper, Utah, 84020

1435 South State Street
Salt Lake City, Utah, 84115

Happy Eating

Thai Siam on Urbanspoon

9 comments:

  1. We really like the reviews and the recipes. This review for Thai Siam is perfectly timed! We're planning on a Spring Break lunch at the Salt Lake location today. If you haven't tried their custard and sweet sticky rice or mango and sweet sticky rice then put that on a to-try list for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to update-we ended up getting family style of the tempura vegetables and the Gang Dang-Red Curry with beef along with some custard sweet sticky rice. Everything was delicious! We had some mild eaters hence the lone spicy red curry which I thought was mild but with a nice warmth and sweetness. I guess my only caveat would be that the custard was a tad overcooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will try their dessert next time. Glad that you enjoyed it. What are some of your other favorite Thai restaurants?

      Delete
  3. De Ronde Van Vlaanderen 2021 Voor Heren En Dames Vindt Beide Plaats Op Zondag 4 April – Paaszondag.Gedefinieerd Door Zijn Geplaveide Beklimmingen, Zal De Ronde Van Vlaanderen 2021 Zoals Gewoonlijk Grotendeels Worden Gespeeld In Een Klein Deel Van BelgiĆ« Dat Bekend Staat Als De Vlaamse Ardennen Of De Vlaamse Ardennen,
    Ronde Van Vlaanderen 2021 Livestream

    Ronde Van Vlaanderen 2021 Livestream
    Ronde van Vlaanderen - Tour des Flandres Livestream

    En Heeft In De Loop Der Jaren Een Reputatie Opgebouwd Als Favoriet Voor Beide Toeschouwers. En Renners, Dat Is De Sfeer Die De Wedstrijd Vergezelt Terwijl Deze Zich Een Weg Baant Door De Banen Van Vlaanderen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...