New Website

Please Visit My New Site HometownSlop.com

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Food Lover

For the past few years I have had a love affair with food; no, not an overeating problem but a love of cooking, tasting, critiquing & experimenting with food. My wife says that I am a food snob.

In 2009 I decided that I really wanted to take my cooking to the next level. I registered for cooking classes at Sur La Table & in 2010, found the "Fine Art of Cooking" series at Orson Gygi taught by Chef Shawn Bucher. This course taught me the fundamentals of cooking. It's not a "follow this recipe" class but a foundation on how to be a fabulous cook. I am not a great recipe follower so this really fit. I have since taken other classes, gleaned any knowledge I can along the way and have done a great deal of my own experimenting.

What will follow will be my adventures in cooking. I will also be a food critic (albeit a nice one) for restaurants.

Please follow me on my journey.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you Jeff. I am hoping you will put some "don't have to be a real chef" recipes on here as well that maybe I could take a stab at.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...