New Website

Please Visit My New Site HometownSlop.com

Friday, March 29, 2013

Basil Bacon Penne

It's obvious that I have veered away from putting many recipes on the site. Not that I don't cook anymore; I am cooking more than ever and am enjoying it immensly. As I have been dilligently involved in the process of restaurant reviews however, more doors and opportunities have opened up. I honestly use to think that I would run out of restaurants to review. That is not turning out to be the case.

I am reminded of a question I asked a BBQ Chef in class. I inquired if he ever went out to eat. He replied "Oh yeah, when I go out to eat someone else gets to cook." Advice I follow far too often.

Here is a great pasta recipe. It's a favorite at our house.




Basil Bacon Penne

2 tablespoons butter
1/8 cup flour
3 cups heavy cream
1 pound Penne
1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
10 strips cooked bacon, chopped
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Make a Roux by melting butter in pan, add flour. Stir while cooking for a few minutes until your roux is light blonde. Add the heavy cream 1/2 cup at a time while stirring consistently. Mix in bacon, basil and salt & pepper to taste. Pour over pasta, enjoy, wait for heart attack.

Okay, maybe no heart attack; just a play on the butter and heavy cream.

This is a great dish; incredibly creamy and delicious. Bacon and basil sure make anything great. It's similar to the Bacon Fettucini I made last year.


Happy Eating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...