New Website

Please Visit My New Site HometownSlop.com

Monday, August 27, 2012

New Flavor Chinese: Might as well be "No Flavor."



Last Thursday I met my wife & daughter for lunch. There wasn't much time to research so I blurted out a restaurant that I had been to three years ago, "New Flavor." It's a Chinese restaurant which I couldn't remember much about. Some friends had said that they frequented the place often, so I thought it might be worth the effort.

Their lunch special prices had dropped from $5.79 to $4.99. Sometimes this isn't a good sign. Oh well, feeding everyone for just over $10.00 is nothing to complain about. I was wrong.



You start out with either Hot & Sour or Egg Drop Soup. I chose Egg Drop. It was creamy and was actually the first egg drop soup with cabbage that I remember. After the third bite, it didn't have much taste. For my main dish, I ordered the Mongolian Beef with Steamed Rice. There truly was no flavor. I poured sweet & sour sauce all over it just to taste something.

The best way to describe it is like it's a cheap Food Court dish from the Mall. You need something quick and don't really care what you put in your stomach. You also feel gross after since the food was likely cooked with random chemicals and preservatives.



The best part of the meal was the two cooks yelling at each other. They only have a partition wall separating the dining area from the kitchen. It was pretty entertaining.

My advice if you want Chinese and are in the Brickyard area of Salt Lake City, drive to Dragon Diner. You will pay a few bucks more and be much more happy about it.


Happy Eating

 New Flavor on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...