New Website

Please Visit My New Site HometownSlop.com

Friday, May 4, 2012

Roquefort Pear Salad: Mouth tingling goodness

I wanted to share a recipe for a salad which has received rave reviews.



Roquefort Pear Salad:


1 head green leaf lettuce, cut bite size
3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced thin
5 oz roquefort cheese
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced thin
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup pecans


Dressing:


1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 clove garlic; minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
Ground pepper to taste


Caramelize pecans; blend dressing ingredients; toss salad; layer pears, roquefort, avocado, green onions.

The demand for this salad was intense. This isn't your simple side salad with ranch dressing. This has a bite to it which leaves you craving more. I had 3 servings; you should also.

Everyone assumed that I made the salad. I did not. It was made by the fabulous Rachel. She received the recipe from a great friend. I simply enjoyed.

Happy Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...